Friday, July 1, 2011

“Food Network Challenge: Star Wars Cakes” This Weekend


*Reposted from The Disney Food Blog, one of my favorite places for Disney Dining information!  This post combines several of my favorite things: Star Wars, Disney, Food Network Challenge and Cake!

“Food Network Challenge: Star Wars Cakes” This Weekend

Celebrating the grand reopening of Disney’s Star Tours attraction that debuted in May, The Food Network will showcase a new episode of Food Network Challenge – “Star Wars Cakes”!
Using The Force to shield the Dark Side, four cake artists will face off in this galactic battle to re-create Star Wars cakes. Beware of Jedi mind tricks! Will a sensory distraction such as the smell of WDW caramel corn be unleashed?


The challenger that presents an epic cake wins $10,000 and a trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. (Lucky ducks.)
Set your coordinates for one of these showings (Eastern Time Zone):
July 3 at 8:00 PM
July 4, 2011 3:00 AM
July 4, 2011 11:00 PM
*End repost*
I was able to try the above pictured cupcake during our recent June trip, and let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS!  The cupcake was basically a Devil's Food, but had gooey peanut butter and chocolate throughout.  The peanut butter was incredible!  The icing was very thick, and had a nice mellow chocolate flavor that didn't overpower the cupcake itself, and the Darth Vader medallion on the top was made of white chocolate.  I can't comment on that part, as I don't like white chocolate so I didn't eat it.  This cupcake was also gigantic; I shared it with my husband and we still didn't finish it.
Thanks for reading!
Lin

1 comment: