Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cake, Cupcakes and Icing, Oh My!

My cake decorating class is almost over! Sad face...  I am going to try to take the next one, but with school starting back mid-August I may not have the time.  Anyway, I really enjoy this course!  Today we did flowers and then I came home and messed around with icing and cupcakes for a while.  Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. 
Now, we spent the whole class working on the first 6. I'm not really a fan of the "shaggy mum" thing, and one suffered a bit of an accident in transport, but it was still fun to learn. The other 6 I made at home this evening by just looking at some pictures in the book.



This one is my favorite, I think he is cute with his little buck tooth and all. 
I also really like this one.  Unbelievably simple to do as well!

These last two are from last weeks class.  We made the fish in class, (for some reason she would not let me change the colors, even though I had to make them myself), and I made the Barbizon cake for Chris's office with the leftover cake layer and icing. 

I'm excited for next week when we get to design and create our own thing.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet...maybe Mickey Mouse holding some balloons?  I'll have to try to find a picture to use.  I also made a delicious strawberry cake to take to a friends last week, and it was beautiful, but I forgot to take pictures!  Guess I'll just have to make another one! 

Of my many hobbies I enjoy this and my travel agency the most.  I just wish that the cake and icing was fat free...

Tomorrow is picture day for Connor!  A friend is going to take his 9 month pictures down in Deep Elum, they should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment